Thursday, March 14, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf


I love anything buffalo style so when I found this recipe as a Paleo "newbie," I was ecstatic!  Since the beginning, PaleOMG has been one of my favorite blogs because all of the recipes are simple and delicious!

I've never tried it but, I bet this recipe would taste just as good with ground turkey instead of chicken. Also, this is a good one for any single men out there because you'll probably eat half in one sitting.  Serve with a salad or your favorite greens and enjoy!


Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf

Adapted from PaleOMG

Prep Time: Approximately 5 minutes
Cook Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Serves: 2-4


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground chicken (It's hard to find organic ground chicken so I put whatever organic chicken I have on hand in a food processor and voila!  It's ground chicken)
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tbsps coconut flour or ½ cup almond flour (I used coconut flour)
  • 3-4 tbsps hot sauce (I used Frank's RedHot)
  • 2 stalks of celery, diced
  • ¼ small yellow onion, diced
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp cayenne pepper
  • ¼ tsp celery salt
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
  2. Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and use your hands to mix thoroughly.
  3. Put the mixture into a loaf pan and bake for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through.
  4. Let cool and eat!

1 comment:

  1. I love anything Buffalo too! I will definitely have to make this one!

    ReplyDelete